Ready to get more Insta Story views, engagement and have fun with your followers?
Here are 30 of my favorite Instagram Story game ideas – with examples!
You don’t even have to show your face, if you don’t want to.
These ideas are perfect for personal AND business accounts.
Instagram Story Game Idea #1. Would you rather
Use the Poll sticker.
Give your followers 2 options.
This game works for any type of account (personal or business).
- Fashion account: Would you rather wear a dress or pants?
- Food accoun t: Would you rather eat uncooked or overcooked food for the rest of your life?
- Blogger : Would you rather dine alone or watch a movie by yourself?
- Business : Would you rather have more money or more time?
Instagram Story Game Idea #2. This or That
This is the easiest, fastest and best Instagram Story game to boost your engagement.
Get your followers to share their opinions. Give them 2 drastically different options to choose from.
Use the Poll Sticker.
- Fashion account : Would you wear this or that?
- Food blogger : Would you eat this or that?
- Artist : Would you paint this or that?
- Small business : Do you prefer this color or that color?
- Makeup artist : This look or that look?
- Travel blogger: Would you travel here or there?
Instagram Story Game Idea #3. Guess
Use the Question Box, Quiz or Poll Sticker.
If you use the Question Box sticker, get your followers to write their guesses.
Want to keep the suspense going? Share a screenshot of the guesses and reveal if someone guessed it correctly.
Or share the correct answer later on.
- Guess how many __
- Guess what I’m doing today
- Guess what color is my next product
- Guess how much this cost
- Guess how long it took me to __
- Guess which one I chose
- Guess which one is my favorite
Instagram Story Game Idea #4. Quiz
People LOVE to test their knowledge.
Make a list of questions with potential answers. Before you post, make sure you pre-select the correct answer. When people choose an answer, they will see if they were right or wrong.
The questions can be about you, your brand, business, product, service, things, people, or even a holiday.
- How many dogs do I have?
- How many people use Instagram?
- How many products do we sell?
- What is the most watched Christmas movie of all time?
Instagram Story Game Idea #5. Challenge
Create a trend and get your followers to participate.
You can create a unique hashtag for the challenge, to create a movement.
Tell your audience to tag you in their Stories so you can see their creations and share them in your Story.
- Fashion brand : #nikechallenge Tell your followers to dress up in your brand’s clothes, take a photo and share it in their Stories. Tell them to tag you in their Story so you can see it and re-share it.
- Makeup brand : #eyelinerchallenge Create a makeup challenge like the perfect wing eyeliner.
- Artist account: #sunsetchallenge Create your best sunset painting under 5 minutes.
Instagram Story Game Idea #6. True or False
This is so fun, quick and easy!
Use the Quiz Sticker and give 2 options: True or False.
Share facts. These can be facts about yourself, your business, product, industry or anything you can think of. Let your followers guess if it is true or false.
Let’s see how many your followers can get right.
- Instagram owns Twitter – True or False?
- I’m allergic to cats – True or False?
- You should never put hashtags in the comments – True or False?
Instagram Story Game Idea #7. 2 Truths and a Lie
Use the Quiz Sticker.
Make 3 statements. Two are true. One is a lie.
Let your followers guess which one is the lie.
Let’s see how many they can get right!
Instagram Story Game Idea #8. Yay or Nay?
Ask for people’s opinion about something.
Use the Poll Sticker or the Slider Sticker.
Let’s see how much your followers love or hate something.
Instagram Story Game Idea #9. Drawing Challenge
How good can your followers draw?
Let’s find out!
Challenge them to a drawing contest!
You can create a template or let them draw anything they want.
If you create a template, tell them to screenshot your Story and draw. Don’t forget to tell them to tag you when they post in their Stories so you can see it and re-share it.
Bonus : Offer a prize to the person who did the best drawing.
Examples of drawing challenges:
- Fashion brands : Draw your dream MET gala dress.
- Makeup artists : Draw a makeup look only using Insta Story brushes.
- Painters: Draw a portrait of yourself using Insta Story brushes only.
- Business : Draw our logo using Instagram’s drawing tools only
Instagram Story Game Idea #10. Pictionary
Draw something, step-by-step and let your audience guess what it is.
If you have a brand, keep it relevant to your industry.
Bonus : Offer a prize to the first people who guess it right.
Instagram Story Game Idea #11. Control my day
Want to have even more fun? And engage with your audience even more?
This game will keep your audience coming back to your Stories for more!
Let your followers control your day.
Use any sticker you want to let them choose what you do next.
The easiest one would be the Poll sticker and give your followers 2 options.
- What should I have for breakfast: Smoothie or oatmeal?
- What should I wear today: A dress or loungewear?
- What color should I pick: Red or blue?
- Where should I go: Beach or swimming pool?
Instagram Story Game Idea #12. Nominate a friend
Start a tagging train!
Create a challenge and nominate other Instagrammers to complete the challenge.
- Fitness account : 100 push-up challenge. I nominate @username, @username and @username. Your turn!
- Food account: Epic breakfast smoothie challenge. I nominate @username to make it!
- Fashion account : Monochrome look challenge. I nominate @username to try it!
- Business account: I nominate @___ and @___ to show their home office!
Bonus: Name the challenge after your username or brand name. For example, we are Preview so we could name the challenge #PreviewAppChallenge.
Instagram Story Game Idea #13. Get to know me challenge
See how well your followers know you or your business .
Use the Quiz Sticker and select the right answer so your followers can play.
- How old am I?
- What’s my dog’s name?
- How long have I been on Instagram?
- What’s my favorite food?
- What am I allergic to?
- My favorite color is…
If you have a business , you can ask:
- When did I start this business?
- How many products do I sell?
- What our best selling product?
- How long did it take me to create [this product / service]
- How many employees do we have?
- What is my favorite product?
- What is the most popular color?
Instagram Story Game Idea #14. Get to know your followers challenge
How well do you know your followers?
Do you need help creating better content for them? Ask what they like. Get to know them, so you can understand them better.
You can ask questions that are specific to your account or industry.
For example, let’s say you are a fitness / health influencer.
You can ask:
- Do you prefer juices or smoothies?
- Do you prefer leg day or upper body day?
- How often do you work out?
- How long have you been working out?
- What’s most important to you: …
- Do you prefer if I post Reels or normal posts?
- Do you prefer if I post workout ideas or motivational posts?
- What motivates you the most?
- What is your goal?
- Favorite workout song?
- Summer or winter?
Instagram Story Game Idea #15. GIF challenge
Create a template with fun questions.
Tell your followers to take a screenshot and complete the template with their GIFs.
You can do this game for holidays, seasons and to get to know your followers.
Bonus: Ask them to tag you in their Stories so you can see and re-share their Stories!
Instagram Story Game Idea #16. Checklist
Want to get into a routine with your followers? And check-off tasks or goals together?
Create a checklist and tick-off tasks as you do them. Encourage your followers to join the movement.
Instagram Story Game Idea #17. Mood Slider
How are your followers feeling today?
Use the Emoji Slider Sticker and let them choose.
The good thing about the Emoji Slider Sticker is that people can slide the emoji exactly where they want, to reflect their exact feelings.
You can use the Emoji Slider for other Instagram Story games, like the Emoji Choice.
Instagram Story Game Idea #18. Emoji Choice
Have some fun with emojis!
Use the Emoji Slider Sticker.
Ask a question and let your followers slide to the emoji they choose as an answer.
Instagram Story Game Idea #19. Virtual High-Five
I love this trick!
Take a photo or video of yourself (or your dog) doing a high five towards the camera.
Use the Emoji Slider and choose the hand emoji.
Tell your followers to slide the hand to give you a virtual high five.
Instagram Story Game Idea #20. Affirmation
Set the day, week or month with a meaningful affirmation.
Use the Poll Sticker with emojis or power words.
Tell your followers to tap on an emoji to affirm.
Instagram Story Game Idea #21. Imagination game
Let’s have some fun!
Let your followers’ imagination run wild.
Use the Question Box Sticker.
Ask them an imaginary question and see what they come up with.
- If I were a fruit, I would be a ___
- If I were an animal, I would be a ___
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?
- If your life was a movie, what would be the name of the movie?
- If you could choose a song to describe your life, what would it be?
- If you published a book, what would it be about?
Instagram Story Game Idea #22. Assumptions about me
Want to get juicy? This game is guaranteed to bring you closer to your community. Have a laugh together. Bust some myths.
Use the Question Box Sticker, and ask your followers to tell their assumptions about you.
Choose a response and say if the assumption is true or false.
Instagram Story Game Idea #23. Nice Advice
Get your followers to share their advice.
Then share their responses with everyone else.
For example, you can ask:
- If you could tell one thing to someone right now, what would you say?
- If you could say one nice thing to someone right now, what would you say?
- Say one nice thing to someone here, I will share your comments.
Instagram Story Game Idea #24. Unpopular opinion
It can go 2 ways:
- Share your own unpopular opinion and make people vote, or
- Ask your followers to share their unpopular opinions. Then share your favorite answers and let people vote.
Instagram Story Game Idea #25. Google confession
Let’s spill the tea. This is an awesome game if you want to get closer to your followers.
Ask them to write what’s the last thing they searched on Google. No cheating!
Use the Question Box Sticker. Share your favorite answers and have a good laugh together.
Instagram Story Game Idea #26. Illusions
Want people to stop and stare at your Stories?
Share an optical illusion or weird image.
Use the Question Box or Poll sticker and ask your followers to say what they see.
Let’s see who sees what. You might be surprised. Or scared.
Instagram Story Game Idea #27. Tap to…
These Stories are so satisfying to watch! And it keeps people engaged.
Tell people to tap to the next Story to see the transformation.
- Tap to clean (to see the before and after cleaning)
- Tap to dress up
- Tap to transform
- Tap to cook
- Tap to cut
- Tap to color
- Tap to paint
- Tap to edit
- Tap to do my makeup
- Tap to pack my luggage
- Tap to renovate
Instagram Story Game Idea #28. Sneaky Screenshot
People are so curious.
A popular game on Instagram right now is to show your latest screenshot(s).
- Your last screenshot, or
- Screenshots of things you want to buy
Instagram Story Game Idea #29. Doppelganger game
Who do you look like?
Show 2 photos on the screen and let your followers vote who you look like the most.
You can have a lot of fun with this.
- Actors / Actresses
- Other Instagrammers
Instagram Story Game Idea #30. The Oracle
What is people’s choice saying about them?
Give your followers 2 choices. A or B. Left or right. Pink or blue.
Tell them to choose.
In the next Story slide, they will see the meaning of their choice.
You can play the Oracle game for anything, like:
- Tarot cards, or
- Giving 2 color options and sharing the meaning each colors, or
- Hiding a quote under the cups, and sharing which quote people picked.
Have fun with it!
Instagram Story Game Idea #31. Soccer ball
Let’s end with a super fun Instagram Story idea game: Playing soccer (or basketball, tennis or any other ball game).
All your have to do:
- Find an image of a soccer goal
- Use the Emoji Slider Sticker
- Use the soccer ball emoji
- Place it somewhere on the screen
- Let your followers aim and shoot!
Did you like these ideas?
Which one was your favorite?
Let me know in the comments below!
Tag us @preview.app on Instagram if you try any of these ideas, so we can check it out and re-share.
And as always: Have fun!