Need some Instagram Reel ideas for business?
I’m going to share 48 Reel video ideas .
They’re perfect if you have a product -based or service -based business.
And while you’re here, here are other blog posts you might find helpful too:
- How to use Instagram Reels (if you’re a beginner)
- Instagram Reel Hashtags (everything you need to know)
- Instagram Reel Caption ideas (I love this one! Short and sweet caption to catch people’s attention or to convert them as followers or customers)
- How to schedule your Instagram Reels using Preview (so you can plan your feed, captions and hashtags in advance)
Alright, time to look at these Instagram Reel ideas for your business.
I also share the latest trending Reels songs on my Instagram, EVERY WEEK! Click here!
Instagram Reel idea #1. Introduce yourself
If you’re not sure where to start, this is a great first Instagram Reel video idea to post on your account.
- Any song you want. Make it fit your style, your personality or brand.
- Level up – Ciara
- Your name
- Where you’re from
- What you do
- What you offer
Instagram Reel idea #2. Meet the team
Introduce your team members (even if you’re a team of one ;).
- I’ll be there for you (Theme from Friends)
- You’ve got a friend in me
- Best Friend – S Club 7
- Wave to the camera
- Write the name of the person + their job title
Instagram Reel idea #3. Keep it simple
Don’t want to edit too much?
Simple videos are also perfect.
Just start recording videos of things around you, places, people, things you do, or an event.
- Use any song you like
- Sometimes you can just leave the original audio if you want people to hear what’s around you (like birds chirping)
Instagram Reel idea #4. What people can expect from you
Want people to follow you? Share what type of content people can expect to see from you.
- Level up – Ciara
- Make a list of things you post about and / or how you help people.
- Make each thing appear as text, one by one on the screen, and point your finger on it
Instagram Reel idea #5. Day in the life / Behind the Scenes
Film snippets of what a day in your life looks like, or what your behind the scenes look like.
- Ily (i love you baby) – Surf Mesa
- Sunset Lover – Petit Biscuit
- This Girl is on Fire – Alicia Keys
Instagram Reel idea #6. Show your workspace
A lot of people like to also show their workspace. They pan over the whole room, show their favorite parts of the room and tools of the trade (anything from stationary, furniture, calendar, laptop).
- Watermelon Sugar – Harry Styles
Instagram Reel idea #7. What people think versus what it’s like versus what it actually looks like
Bust people’s assumptions about one part of your business or life.
This can become a series on your account.
- What people think it looks like to run your own business
- What people think it looks like to work from home
- What people think it looks like to paint
- What people think it looks like to be a solopreneur
Instagram Reel idea #8. What people think they need to [do something] versus what they actually need
This is another assumption Instagram Reel idea:
Make a list of things people think they need in order to achieve something.
End the video with a fact that is the opposite of their current mindset.
This will surprise them, shock them, or make them question if there’s a better way: what you offer.
Instagram Reel idea #9. Show your process from start to finish in 15 seconds
An Instagram Reel video is only 15 seconds.
You can record yourself making something from start to finish.
Increase the speed of the video.
- Head & Heart – Joel Corry
- Any song from JJ Heller if you’d like a soft, relaxing vibe for your video
Instagram Reel idea #10. Quick Tip
Can you share tips with your followers?
Make a list of a bunch of tips you want to share.
One tip = one video.
Three tips = one video.
You choose how many tips you want to include in one video.
This Instagram Reel video idea can become a fun series on your account.
Instagram Reel idea #11. Mistakes
Share some common mistakes you see people do, and share how to fix it.
- Mistakes people make in their Instagram bio
- Mistakes people make when they wash their hair (if you’re a hair stylist)
- Instagram Hashtag Mistakes
- 3 mistakes you’re making in your caption
Instagram Reel idea #12. Favorites
Share your favorite products, tips, finds, or anything else you’d like to highlight.
You can make it into an Instagram Reel series too: Favorites of the Month.
- Can you keep up – Destiny’s Child
Instagram Reel idea #13. Packing orders
Have a product-based business?
Record a video of you packing orders.
- Qumu – Bubblegum K.K. (From Animal Crossing: New Leaf)
- Summer Days (feat. Macklemore) – Martin Garrix
- Vibe – Joel Fletcher, Kennyon Brown
- Better – Khalid
Instagram Reel idea #14. The Making Of
This is another great Instagram Reel idea for product-based business owners:
Film your process of making something.
- The Process – Lakey Inspired
Instagram Reel idea #15. Before and After
Want to see the final results?
One of my favorite Instagram Reel ideas is to take a quick video of the before and then another video of the end product (the after).
- Better – Khalid
- If you have a product-based business: show your raw materials, snap your finger, reveal the after.
Instagram Reel idea #16. Show sizes
Do you sell products that have different sizes?
Record a video of you showing the different sizes you offer.
It helps people make a choice and get an idea of how big or small the product is next to a person.
Instagram Reel idea #17. Show one product only
You can record a video for each one of your products.
You Reels can become a video catalogue of all your products, so people can see them in different angles and light.
This is a great idea if you have a clothing or jewelry brand.
People are getting closer to seeing your product as if it was in real life, because it moves, in a video.
Instagram Reel idea #18. Product Fashion Show
I like to call this Instagram Reel idea the Product Fashion Show.
Select a few of your products and show them one by one in one video.
- Don’t start now – Dua Lipa
- Dance Monkey – Tones and I
- Juju On That Beat -Zay Hilfigerrr & Zayion McCall
- Something New – Wiz Khalifa
Instagram Reel idea #19. Best sellers
Why not show your best selling pieces?
This will help new people see what your most popular pieces are, and motivate them to buy them too!
Instagram Reel idea #20. Tutorial showcasing your product
One of the most useful Instagram Reel ideas for business is to create a quick tutorial of you using your product.
- Say So – Doja Cat
Instagram Reel idea #21. Different way to use / style a product
Choose one of your products and show different ways you can use or style it.
- Something New – Wiz Khalifa
Instagram Reel idea #22. I want it, I get it
This idea is based on the Ariana Grande song called 7 rings .
Use the part of the song when she sings I want it, I get it.
Record a fun video of you seeing your product (on your website or Instagram feed for example), and then getting it in real life.
This is a super creative Instagram Reel video idea for businesses.
- 7 rings – Ariana Grande
Instagram Reel idea #23. Count something
This is one of my favorite Instagram Reel ideas for business!
Do you have 4 products you can show?
Or 4 tips to share?
Use the song 1234 to share these 4 things.
Each time they sing a number, show the next product / tip.
- 1234 – Plain White T’s
Instagram Reel idea #24. Sneak Peek
Share a sneak peek of a product, service or post coming up.
- Something Special – Pop Smoke
- I’m So Excited – The Pointer Sisters
Instagram Reel idea #25. Challenge
Create an Instagram Reel challenge that your followers can join.
Choose a song.
Choose the challenge.
Challenge them to replicate it using your product or tip.
Instagram Reel idea #26. Restock
Are you about to restock?
Share the news with your followers!
You can show all the boxes or products in the room.
Instagram Reel idea #27. Ok, I believe you. But…
This Instagram Reel video idea is based on the song called Jump in the line.
It’s a super fun song. Choose the part of the song when they sing Ok, I believe you . Each time they sing Ok, I believe you show an assumption or something people always tell you. Then, surprise them with one of your facts and finish the song at Oh!! It’s the surprise moment and the perfect punch line to finish the song.
- Jump in the line – Harry Belafonte
- List facts you hear from people all the time
- Finish with a fact that will surprise from
Instagram Reel idea #28. Show what it’s like to do something
Record the feeling of what it’s like to do something, or get something.
- Running your own business be like…
- Getting a fresh haircut be like…
- Planning your feed with Preview app be like…
- Wearing your favorite outfit be like…
Instagram Reel idea #29. That feeling when…
What is something you do to help people?
- If you’re a hairstylist: That feeling when you come out of the hairdresser
- If you’re a clothing brand: That feeling when you receive your new clothes
- If you’re a jewelry brand: That feeling when you treat yourself
You get the idea.
Record a video of what it looks / feels like when you do that thing. Relate it to your business and you’ve created an awesome Instagram Reel video!
Instagram Reel idea #30. 3 Reasons Why…
Share 3 reasons why your followers should know / do / not do / say / not say something.
- 3 reasons why you should use Preview to plan your feed
- 3 reasons why you’re not growing
- 3 reasons why your cat loves you
Instagram Reel idea #31. Myth Busting
This is an amazing Instagram Reel idea for businesses: Myth versus Truth.
Bust those myths!
This can be a series on your account.
Make a list of myths you hear in your industry, or myths you hear your clients / customers talk about.
Instagram Reel idea #32. Yes versus No
This is a super popular Instagram Reel idea for businesses.
Use these 2 songs to create your video.
How it works:
- When you hear Nope = Shake your head and write a sentence you hear people say and disagree with.
- When you hear Yup = Node your head yes and write a sentence you agree with (that could be the opposite of the previous sentence you disagreed with)
- Nope Yup – Lil Skeet
- No, no, no – Destiny’s Child
Instagram Reel idea #33. Outfit change
This Instagram Reel idea is perfect for clothing brands, or if you want to share your transformation from pyjamas to work outfit (even if the work outfit is the same or another pyjama). Remember: Instagram Reels are meant to be fun!
- Supalonely – Benee
- The Git Up – Blanco Brown
- Stunnin’ – Curtis Water
- Woah – KRYPTO9095 FT. D3MSTREET
Instagram Reel idea #34. Beauty Mode
Does your product or service involve a transformation?
You can join the Beauty Mode trend.
You can create your own Beauty Mode video that fits with your brand, just like @ileanasoulclarity did.
Instead of calling it Beauty Mode, she calls it Aligned Mode because it is what her business is about: helping business owners feel more aligned in their lives and business.
Instagram Reel idea #35. Recreating a look using your products
These kind of Instagram Reel videos can make you go viral.
Can you recreate the look of a celebrity with your product / service / offer?
Instagram Reel idea #36. Business evolution
Share the evolution of your business.
You can share videos of different stages of your business (from months / years ago).
Or you can film a video of yourself now and share the story of your business.
- Moon (And it went like) – Kid Francesco
- Downtown – Macklemore
- Big World, Baby – JJ Heller
Instagram Reel idea #37. Share a story
Share your personal story.
For example, you can share stories of:
- How you started your business
- Your first customer
- Your first sale
- How your first year of business was
- Glorious – Macklemore
- These Days – Rudimental
- Survivor – Destiny’s Child
- Independent Women – Destiny’s Child
Instagram Reel idea #38. Celebrate your Biz Birthday
When is your business birthday?
- Happy Birthday
- Celebration – Kool & The Gang
- Celebrate – Mika
- One More Time – Daft Punk
Instagram Reel idea #39. Share the news
Is there a big news in your industry? Or your latest blog post?
Use the Green Screen effect on Instagram to show the screenshot of the news behind you.
Here’s how to do it:
- Take a screenshot of the news
- Open your Instagram Reels and choose the Green Screen effect
- Upload the screenshot as you background
- Point to it or share your tip / reaction
Instagram Reel idea #40. Imitate your clients
Want to have a bit of fun? Imitate things your client say to you.
Make it fun!
It shows you know exactly what your clients are struggling with, and therefore you know what solution to provide to fix their problems.
Instagram Reel idea #41. Coming soon!
Make an announcement. Tell people what’s coming soon so they get excited.
- New arrivals coming soon!
- New YouTube video coming soon!
- New blog post coming soon!
- New email newsletter coming soon!
Instagram Reel idea #42. Invite people to join your community on Instagram or Facebook
Do you have a Facebook group?
Promote your Facebook group or membership in your Reels.
Instagram Reel idea #43. Promote a giveaway
Are you doing a giveaway in another post on your feed?
People use Instagram Reels to promote their giveaway. This way they can get more reach, more eyes on their post, and also remind people that the giveaway is still open.
Instagram Reel idea #44. Promote a freebie
Do you offer a freebie that people can download?
Talk about it / show it in your Instagram Reel video.
Instagram Reel idea #45. Answer FAQs
Are people asking you the same questions all the time?
This can become a series on your account too:
- You can create a video for each frequently asked questions, or
- Create one video answering the top 5 most frequently asked questions
Instagram Reel idea #46. Transformation
Share a transformation, results, or makeover.
Instagram Reel idea #47. Community
Want to celebrate your community?
Create an Instagram Reel video to feature some people from your community.
They can be:
- Your fans
- Customers who tagged you in their Insta Stories during the week / month
- People who tagged you on their posts
- People who use your brand’s hashtags
Coming soon on @preview.app !
Instagram Reel idea #48. Testimonial
Do you receive testimonials from your clients / customers?
Share their kind words.
- Applause – Lady Gaga
That’s it with Instagram Reel ideas for Business!
Wow! Congratulations! You made it to the end!
Was this post helpful?
Let me know in the comments below if it was!
Which video idea do you like the most?