I’m going to show you where you can find Instagram Story background templates and wallpapers.
They’re perfect when:
- You don’t want to show your face in your Stories but still want them to look visually pleasing
- You want to create a collection of Insta Story backgrounds that are on brand
- You want beautiful backdrops when you do polls or answer people’s Q&A stickers
Here are examples of backgrounds:
All the backgrounds are inside Preview App.
You can use any of the photos for free.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Press on the + button
Since the backgrounds are for Insta Stories, I’m going to add them in the Insta Story Planner part of the app.
If you’re new to Preview , you can also plan your posts, Reels and IGTVs.
- Press on the Insta Story button
- Press on the + button
2. Press on Free Photos to find background images
Now choose the Free Photos option.
3. Type a keyword in the search bar
If you have a brand, I recommend typing keywords that are related to the color(s) of your brand, or the vibe of your brand.
Example: you could have a neutral, tropical brand. So these would be 2 different keywords I would type in the search bar to gather different background images.
Our favorite keywords are:
4. Add the Instagram Story backgrounds in your folder
When you find a background photo you like:
- Press on the photo
- Press Add
- Continue to add more photos, or
- Press Done
Your backgrounds will be saved in a new folder.
Now how to share this in your Instagram Story? Or save it in your camera roll / gallery?
5. Post your background template in your Instagram Story
To post your background in your Story:
- Press on the background image
- Post on Instagram
- Press Story
Instagram will automatically open your Story with the background photo.
You can add text, GIFs, stickers or draw. Then just post.
To save the background on your phone:
- Press onv
Have fun choosing backgrounds for your Stories!
More Insta Story tips: