updated on August 7th, 2017 at 02:37 pm
“Following Monday’s system outage affecting a number of core services on our network, I am pleased to announce that all services are now fully restored.
We had two traffic outlets which failed rapidly one after the other. In response, as a priority, the team very quickly started operating the affected functions from our redundant equipment in order to restore services.
Although most customers could call, text and use data by noon and M-PESA by late afternoon yesterday, this work came to an end this morning. We are now working to ensure that network stability continues.
I truly appreciate our customers’ patience and understanding as we worked to resolve the issue and sincerely thank you for staying connected to Safaricom.
As a small gesture, from midnight tonight to midnight tomorrow, all our customers will be able to send money on the M-PESA network for free.
Once again, we would like to apologise for all inconvenience caused. Thank you for staying on our network.”
Chief Executive Officer
Latest posts by Mike Shiangala (see all)
- Jalang’os letter to Githeri Man - August 16, 2017
- SARAHAH;What’s it and should you use it? - August 16, 2017
- How To Spot a Fake Infinix Phone - August 16, 2017
- Tecno Spark K7 Specs and Price in Kenya,Nigeria & Ghana - August 15, 2017
- All Tecno Camon Series Phones;C5,C7,C8,C9,C9 PRO & CX - August 14, 2017