updated on August 7th, 2017 at 02:37 pm
WhatsApp’s over one billion users spend over 340 million minutes on video calls every day on the app – the equivalent of 646 years.
The company announced this recently, revealing that 55 million video calls go through on the service each day. India is the country with the highest number of minutes spent on video calls at 50 million, the equivalent of over 95 years.
WhatsApp first launched the beta version of video calling in May last year and made it available globally in November .
At the time of launch, WhatsApp said it wanted to make the feature available to all users, even those in areas where connectivity isn’t very reliable and to those who own lower to mid range smartphones.
To mark the major milestone in video calling’s usage, WhatsApp has updated its app to have the video calling button appear right next to the voice call button in chats.
The update is available on Google Play and iTunes
Latest posts by Mike Shiangala (see all)
- Jalang’os letter to Githeri Man - August 16, 2017
- SARAHAH;What’s it and should you use it? - August 16, 2017
- How To Spot a Fake Infinix Phone - August 16, 2017
- Tecno Spark K7 Specs and Price in Kenya,Nigeria & Ghana - August 15, 2017
- All Tecno Camon Series Phones;C5,C7,C8,C9,C9 PRO & CX - August 14, 2017