No more copy and paste using your Notes app or text replacement.
I’m going to show your how to save hashtag groups in Preview App .
You can easily add your hashtags to your other captions in the future.
Your hashtag groups will be automatically tested by Preview. You will know which one gets you the most likes , comments and engagement .
Tip : You can also manage your hashtag from Preview Desktop, on your computer. Click here .
1. Go in your Caption
You can use Preview on the phone app and on your desktop .
What you see below is my scheduled feed inside Preview App.
- Select a photo
- Press the Note button to go in your caption
2. Write your hashtags in the caption
Now write your hashtags in your caption.
Quick tip: You will see a countdown in the bottom right corner of your caption screen. Instagram only allows 30 hashtags per post. Keep an eye on the countdown. It will turn red if you go over 30 hashtags.
3. Tap the + button to save your hashtag groups
Now press the + button to save your Instagram hashtag group.
4. Give a name to your Instagram hashtag group
A little window will pop up. Give a name to your new hashtag group.
I will call mine Travel.
Your hashtag group is now saved in your Preview App.
Just tap on your hashtag group to add it in your future caption.
6. Post on Instagram
Time to post.
You have 2 options :
- Automatically post your hashtags in the first comment, or
- Manually post
Option 1: Auto-post hashtags in the first comment.
- Add your hashtags in the First Comment box
- Turn on the Schedule button
- Turn on the Auto-Post button
Your hashtags will be automatically posted as the first comment.
Option 2: Manually post.
If you don’t want to use the auto-post feature, you can simply manually post on Instagram.
Copy and paste your hashtags from Preview to Instagram.
Or you can post your entire post from Preview to Instagram.
- Select the photo you want to post.
- Press the Export button to share your post on Instagram
- Your caption and hashtags are automatically copied by Preview.
- Just paste them in your caption or comments on Instagram
7. Check your Hashtag Groups Analytics
The amazing thing about saving your hashtag groups in Preview is that you can test them. Post on Instagram as usual using your new hashtag groups.
Preview App comes with an Instagram analytics section . Inside, you will see your top hashtags and top hashtag groups .
Testing your hashtag groups are very important if you want to grow your account . Hashtags are the way people find your Instagram account. So if you use the right hashtags (and combination of hashtags = hashtag group), you will grow faster.
Preview App will give you a break down of which hashtag groups gets you the most likes, comments and engagement:
Your turn to save your Instagram hashtag groups!
If you don’t know where to start, I recommend you save 4 – 5 hashtag groups in Preview.
It’s a good start to vary your hashtag groups and test which ones are the best for your accounts.
If you need help finding hashtags, here are some tips:
- The Best Instagram Hashtag Generator (with handpicked hashtags)
- Instagram Hashtag Strategy for Business
- The Best Instagram Strategies to Grow your account
Until next time, see you all on Instagram ( @preview.app ) for more tips, tricks and Instagram theme ideas.